The world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects has an immediate a need for a Project Manager to provide project management, program management and team leadership to ensure successful delivery of key customer projects in all aspects of EPC projects, including development and execution of complex engineering designs. Provide the customer with a knowledgeable and reliable point of contact for ECI Group during all phases of project execution. Provide consistent project reporting to ECI Group management as it relates to project cost, schedule, quality performance and customer satisfaction.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position reports directly to the Global Manager of Projects.
- Have a firm understanding of the phased approach of engineering development as it relates to engineering execution as part of the overall project. Manage the project through all appropriate phases of execution including, but not limited to: Front End Loading, Process Development Package, Front End Engineering Design, Basic Design Package, Detailed Design and Construction Management/Support.
- Identify which key performance indicators (KPI) will most likely determine the success of the project and manage the project execution to optimize those KPI.
- Identify the project objectives as part of the planning phase with the customer and ensure that the project team is properly introduced and aligned to meet those objectives. Identify and evaluate potential changes to the project that may impact the scope, budget, and schedule, and work with engineering leads to prepare Engineering Change Notices accordingly.
- Understand the differences between various types of engineering contracts such as Lump Sum, Cost Plus, Cost Not to Exceed, Fixed Fee, and be capable of managing each type successfully.
- Review engineering man hour budgets and schedules, and work with engineering leads to adjust such to align with the project’s cost and schedule objectives.
- Manage the customer’s expectations regarding the success indicators of the project and establish goals for the project team to deliver within those parameters. The Project Manager’s role is to find an efficient, cost-effective, and customer-centered solution to these disputes that adheres to ECI Group policies that is beneficial to both the Customer and ECI Group. Communicate effectively with the customer and project team to minimize unreimbursed scope creep.
- Identify and accurately define the necessary project deliverables to meet the customer’s project requirements and engage ECIG’s project controls and quality control procedures to track and manage development of those deliverables. Create and maintain project change logs, needs lists and action items lists. Define, communicate, and manage project risks to ensure customer awareness of the risks as well as to prepare the engineering execution team to incorporate mitigation plans into their designs.
- Work closely with the engineering leads to accurately gauge design progress to ensure timely production of deliverables and strict adherence to the project scope. Be capable of amicably resolving escalated issues that arise out of the engineering disciplines during the project. These issues may involve personnel and/or work process disputes between disciplines, design progress deficiencies, budget overruns, miscommunications between the disciplines regarding project objectives, schedule, scope, or customer management.
- Provide inputs to the Project Controls Group regarding project manpower requirements to ensure accurate resource forecasting and planning. Ensure that the project is executed and delivered in accordance with the ECI Group Project Execution Manual, Corporate Quality Manual and HSE policies. Work with the project scheduler and engineering leads to interactively develop the master engineering schedule, identify schedule interface points between engineering activities, customers activities, and vendors fabrication schedules in order to ensure that engineering discipline activities are properly identified and scheduled to meet the project’s milestone dates. Manage the production of all customer reports while assuming responsibility for their accuracy, professional presentation, and completeness.
- Understand the project contract terms and conditions and ensure that the project is executed within the parameters therein. Ensure that project invoices are prepared and issued to the customer in accordance with the contract/project milestones.
- Have a clear understanding of standard procurement process and procedures and be capable of developing solutions to common fabrication and delivery issues.
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification and experience.
- US: Professional Engineer / UK: Chartered Engineer (Preferred);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- 20+ years of experience with 10+ years performing project work with a firm understanding and experience in applying project management tools and best practices.
- Significant experience managing large ($50MM+ TIC) multi-phase engineering projects.
- Substantial relevant engineering/management experience in the oil & gas, petrochemical, and renewable industries.
- Working knowledge of LDPE/EVA and polymer engineering.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer face-to-face soft skills
- Close relationships with key customers, licensor personnel, and vendors
- Should have experience and knowledge of relevant key engineering topics required to operate in an EPC environment.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Full Benefits Package – health, dental, vision insurance
- Company paid short & long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Plans, Education Reimbursement, Dependent Care Spending Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Hybrid Work Schedules
ABOUT ECI GROUP
Founded in 1977 ECI Group Inc. [ECIG] provides world-class engineering solutions to clients around the world, with have a long history of designing and developing industrial facilities and process plants for the production of fuels, chemicals and polymers. With core technical skills focused on the development and design of a range of processes, we continually embrace new technologies and innovative project methodologies which have contributed to our success in this field. Our full-service offering covers all Engineering discipline including Process, Mechanical
(Machinery/Vessels), Piping and Pipe Stressing, Plant Layout, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, and Civil & Structural. Our engineering services expertise includes:
- Concept Development – feasibility, cost estimates, front end design, basic engineering
- Detailed Design – hazard studies, FEA, DCS/SIS, flare systems, as-built drawings
- Owner’s Engineer – Project Management, contractor evaluation, due diligence, technical reviews
- Safety Critical Engineering – SIL/LOPA, relief systems, HAZOP chair, thermal and vibrational stress analysis, design for high pressure / toxic / corrosive service