The world’s leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects has an immediate a need for a Project Engineer in our Baton Rouge Office. Provide technical management and oversight within a defined project to ensure technical integrity of the project including compliance with the project scope, schedule and technical specifications in accordance with company work processes. May also work under a Project Manager on a large project to assist with technical guidance of the design team and ensure schedule and budget performance. May also manage multiple small projects independently for various customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position reports directly to the Global Manager of Projects
- Assist with the development of project objectives and ensure that project team is properly introduced and aligned to meet those objectives.
- Identify and evaluate potential changes to the project that may impact the scope, budget, and schedule, and work with engineering leads to prepare Engineering Change Notifications accordingly.
- Understand the customer’s expectations and goals for the project and guide the project team to deliver within those parameters.
- Understand phased engineering projects and how to guide engineering development through all appropriate phases of execution including, but not limited to: Front End Loading, Process Development Package, Front End Engineering Design, Basic Design Package, Detailed Design, and Construction Management/Support.
- Create and maintain project change logs, needs lists, and action items lists.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Work with the engineering leads to develop the project deliverables list and ensure that the man hour budget is developed for each discipline accordingly.
- Meet regularly with the project team to ensure proper progress is being made to complete the project within the established timeline.
- Monitor the engineering scope to ensure that scope changes are identified, quantified, and submitted to the customer as part of an Engineering Change Notice.
- Review engineering man hour budgets and schedules, and work with engineering leads to adjust such to align with the project’s cost and schedule objectives.
- Provide inputs to the Project Controls Group regarding project manpower requirements to ensure accurate resource forecasting and planning.
- Ensure that the project is executed and delivered in accordance with the ECIG Project Execution Manual, Corporate Quality Manual and HSE policies.
- Work with the project scheduler and engineering leads to interactively develop the master engineering schedule and identify the project milestones.
- Create and issue technical progress reports at regular intervals throughout the project as defined in the project proposal.
- Monitor engineering cost reports to ensure the projects are executed within budget.
- Ensure that projects are completed in such a way as to contribute to ECI Group’s long-term financial success.
- Develop plans to minimize the occurrence of budget overruns.
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure that project invoices are prepared and issued to the customer in accordance with the contract/project milestones.
- Support the Business Development Group to secure new work. This may include preparing proposal documents including project execution plans, providing input to the proposed project schedule, review and adjustment of discipline budgets, and input regarding the proposal assumptions and clarifications.
- May function as the proposal manager on small project proposals.
- Assist the Business Development Group to identify project risks and develop mitigation plans for the proposal work.
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification and experience.
- US: Professional Engineer (Preferred); Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- At least four years of experience as a design engineer on multi-phase engineering design projects, or significant relevant experience.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Good communication skills and good customer face-to-face soft skills
- Relevant engineering experience in the oil & gas, petrochemical, and renewable industries.
- Working knowledge of LDPE / EVA and polymer engineering (preferred).
- Close relationships with key customers, licensor personnel, and vendors
- Should have experience and knowledge of relevant key engineering topics required to operate in an EPC environment.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Full Benefits Package – health, dental, vision insurance
- Company paid short & long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Plans, Education Reimbursement, Dependent Care Spending Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Hybrid Work Schedules
ABOUT ECI GROUP
Founded in 1977 ECI Group Inc. [ECIG] provides world-class engineering solutions to clients around the world, with have a long history of designing and developing industrial facilities and process plants for the production of fuels, chemicals and polymers. With core technical skills focused on the development and design of a range of processes, we continually embrace new technologies and innovative project methodologies which have contributed to our success in this field. Our full-service offering covers all Engineering discipline including Process, Mechanical
(Machinery/Vessels), Piping and Pipe Stressing, Plant Layout, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation, and Civil & Structural. Our engineering services expertise includes:
- Concept Development – feasibility, cost estimates, front end design, basic engineering
- Detailed Design – hazard studies, FEA, DCS/SIS, flare systems, as-built drawings
- Owner’s Engineer – Project Management, contractor evaluation, due diligence, technical reviews
- Safety Critical Engineering – SIL/LOPA, relief systems, HAZOP chair, thermal and vibrational stress analysis, design for high pressure / toxic / corrosive service